Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Oh, what a wonderful world!

So since I have last written, we have made it through Geneva...



St. Petersburg...

At the airport. We landed that night around 10:45, and this picture was taken just before 11:00 PM! They call this time of year “White Nights”. I can see why.


... Moscow, and Kiev. Wow, let me say how different things are in the eastern side of Europe! We have had an extremely rigorous schedule the past 4 days, so unfortunately there was hardly any time to see anything of these beautiful cities. In Moscow we did have a 2-hour escapade to the Red Square and you can see the fantastic pictures of beautiful Moscow.



At Red Square - notice the Stalin statue on the left


This is point ZERO, where all places in the world are measured from. I’m not sure what that means, but it is good luck to stand on the center and throw a coin over your shoulder. So I did!


Moscow after our show


Kiev was beautiful! I never thought I'd be in the Ukraine, what a great place. It was so clean and quiet. Our hotel was actually floating on the river. Wow! Check out this view from my room... I had a little balcony and everything!



We ate some delicious local cuisine. In the picture you can see the Ukrainian soup, Borscht. Amazing!! And there were these things called vareniki, which were home-made ravioli-like things that were stuffed with potatoes and mushrooms, and you put a little sour cream on top of them. Ohh baby! Check out this adorable restaurant, and its pet! She sat right in the door as you came in. Awwwww!




We had a crazy after party at the Kiev show, where the music was familiar (Moby Hotel) and the conversations were interesting. The Russian women are really gorgeous! Needless to say all the guys were very happy! It was a wild night for many.



Here's a picture of some of our talented crew boys the morning after. Ahh. (Left to right, Dan, Niall, Randy, and Steve)

<< Home