Friday, May 27, 2005

Offenbach

There is a composer called Offenbach, I wonder if he is from here. I used to be in love with one of his pieces from Orpheus and Eurydice. I can’t recall the name right now… SO, I woke up and hopped off the bus this morning at noon and was greeted by a shining and hot sun! What a welcome sight. Everywhere we’ve been has been cloudy and cold so far. It is nice to actually feel a May day. So, what did I want to do? Go for a walk of course, but not to an old shopping center or anything which was recommended to me. I thought, wouldn’t it be just absolutely perfect if there were some kind of park nearby where I could go sit and write in my journal and take in nature and the sun and life. I went behind the venue and walked down a small pathway under some trees. When I emerged past the branches, what lay before me? A perfect natural oasis bursting with green and life! In front of me was a mammoth weeping willow tree, and a paved pathway.




I went onward, and as I walked it got more and more perfectly beautiful, as if whatever peaceful, lovely thought my mind could conceive, it suddenly existed! A babbling brook appeared to the side of the walkway, providing tranquil sounds of flowing water. A bird called from a tree above me with a song so melodic I could have sung along. Across the grassy area, that was dotted with white and yellow flowers, another bird answered back. I took a turn off the main path and found small houses with big back-yard gardens. People were out working actively on their tomatoes and plants. I slipped into a more wooded area and discovered a dried up river bed that must’ve fed into the brook or perhaps helped control floodwaters. A mallard duck swooped in front of me and landed in the little bit of water remaining giving a quaa. It was truly tranquillity. I intended to write in my journal on a fallen tree I had spotted, but a friendly German man and his son invaded my nature and insisted on trying to communicate with me in many languages, none of which either of us understood. I made my way back to the venue, grabbing a picture or two, and now I am revelling in the memory. Ahhhhh, I think this lifestyle works for me!

Love, Luci

<< Home