Hello From Hamburg!
Germany!
So yesterday we were in Koln, as the Germans say, or Cologne as we Americans say it. Interesting how other countries get pronunciations so incorrect! Well, things are going very well. The show last night was really fun, very adoring German fans! It makes such a difference! Before the show I went exploring the old town of Cologne. There was a beautiful cathedral built sometime in the 1200s and not completed until 1880! That’s 600 years to build! And think how the technology has changed since it was begun. This is a picture of my view from where I sat to take it all in. Notice the colorful glass at the top! It was beautiful.

Then I explored the shopping nearby, which was very dull. There were about 7 or 8 shops that kept repeating themselves every 2 or 3 blocks. Rather uninteresting, but amazing to see how many people were out shopping on a Monday afternoon! This is a picture of a bathroom I had to pay 50 cents to use, and it didn’t even have a toilet seat!!! That black is just paint.

Finally I ventured down to the ancient Rhine River - though isn’t any river technically ancient! It was beautiful and here is a shot of some trees and the Rhine. You can just make out a garbage barge...

Oh, there’s so much more to write about. I will try to include more later, but now it is time for sound check!!
Love!
Luci
So yesterday we were in Koln, as the Germans say, or Cologne as we Americans say it. Interesting how other countries get pronunciations so incorrect! Well, things are going very well. The show last night was really fun, very adoring German fans! It makes such a difference! Before the show I went exploring the old town of Cologne. There was a beautiful cathedral built sometime in the 1200s and not completed until 1880! That’s 600 years to build! And think how the technology has changed since it was begun. This is a picture of my view from where I sat to take it all in. Notice the colorful glass at the top! It was beautiful.

Then I explored the shopping nearby, which was very dull. There were about 7 or 8 shops that kept repeating themselves every 2 or 3 blocks. Rather uninteresting, but amazing to see how many people were out shopping on a Monday afternoon! This is a picture of a bathroom I had to pay 50 cents to use, and it didn’t even have a toilet seat!!! That black is just paint.

Finally I ventured down to the ancient Rhine River - though isn’t any river technically ancient! It was beautiful and here is a shot of some trees and the Rhine. You can just make out a garbage barge...

Oh, there’s so much more to write about. I will try to include more later, but now it is time for sound check!!
Love!
Luci
