Friday, May 27, 2005

Brussels

Hi! Here it is hot and heavenly. Out hotel has a rooftop pool and sundeck and that’s where I spent my day off! I did dearly desire to discover the delights of Brussels Old Town, but I could not tear myself from the 30th floor sundeck of paradise!



While I was lying on a lounge chair writing in my journal, I couldn’t help but overhear these delightful British accents sitting to my right. We started chatting after quite some time and to my complete excitement they were the musicians for the European Tour of the musical Mama Mia! I told them I had wanted to see that musical for quite some time and never made it. So they invited me! The show was so much fun. You know how embarrassingly into-it I get when I see cheesy musicals. I was completely inspired. The first person I had met on the sundeck was the keyboard player, ha, so before the show he showed me how they have things set up and some of the music. It’s a sightreading gig, but still looked so much fun! And I had met a few of the actors so I was watching for them in the different scenes! Wow, I have to say it was all right up my alley! So, it is inspiring to meet other musicians, expecially touring ones, and compare stories. We had lots of conversations comparing our totally different touring lifestyles. I would have invited them to come to our show tonight, but of course they were working! Oh well. Tonight they are filming it for a DVD I think, so I will make sure I get a copy of it whenever it comes out!

Travelling is fun! Music is fun! Life is fun!

Love you!
Luci

<< Home