Lisbon, Portugal (Saturday May 28, 6:35 PM)
Wow, what a totally different world it is! Amazing.
As I type, a Moby song has just come on the radio. Yes one that we play every night and will play tonight. We are going on at 1:50 AM and will be finished at 3:30. That is serious late-night partying, and I think it’s typical of the Portuguese from what I hear or at least of this festival. Things are going well.
8:30 PM
The phone rang and I had to jump up to be ready for dinner in 10 minutes. Now I’m back. We went to a vegan restaurant that was served buffet style. It was, get this, the best meal I have had so far on this tour! And it was vegan!! Everything!!! Even the chocolate cake and mango mousse for dessert! The chef was especially excited to be serving us they opened the restaurant early to accommodate us. He described in detail the types of dishes on the buffet and even served us a specialty from the kitchen. He had prepared a special mushroom pate with 3 tall red and green spaghetti noodles standing up in the center and told us it was called the Lift Me Up. Ha! How cute!! I love passionate and friendly chefs! Then he insisted on bringing all types of desserts to our table for our sampling. When Moby asked for the check he brought a canister to him, and inside was not the check but a camera! The chef explained that the meal was on him and would Moby take some pictures? So we did. I grabbed my camera and shot a few too.
We invited the chef and staff to the show tonight, and left very full and very happy. Ahhh. Wonderful dining = happy living. Wish us luck tonight! It’s supposed to be 20,000 people! (now if only I can find some internet around here to post this up!)
Love you!
Luci


