Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Wednesday. Birmingham. Morning.

I love England! We had a big show last night in Manchester! (which I did manage to sleep after, hooray!) And the craziest thing happened! Moby introduced me unexpectedly in the middle of the set and asked, didn’t I train classically on piano, and would I mind serenading the audience while he disappeared for a moment - to the bathroom! OH. In the 5 seconds I had to invent what I was going to do, I considered doing something technically challenging that would intrigue the classical listener, but then these were Moby fans, NOT Mozart fans (although I have to commend the high quality of musicianship of Moby’s fans, and that they appreciate a full range of musical styles as demonstrated in our concerts). So I chose something they all would recognize, Fur Elise, and I made it a little silly and fun by the end (deviated from the printed notes). They seemed to love it, and after the show some Mancunians (that’s what people from Manchester are called) were commenting to me about the brilliance (ha!) of the performance. I guessed it worked?, but it caught me so off guard. Next time Scott and I discussed doing Axel-F, although Moby hopes he won’t have to disappear like that very often. What crazy stuff! I must go check out the city of Birmingham now! Since I woke up we’ve been parked underground, and I haven’t seen the light of day! Weird, I am off!

Love!!!!
Luci

<< Home