Awake
But isn’t Scotland at night nice?!
So, I haven’t really recovered well from the jet lag. It’s been two days and I feel like I have a sleep disorder. As I lay awake last night from 1:24 (I went to sleep just after midnight) till sometime after 4:00 possibly closer to 5:00 (because for a very long period of time I decided I would not look at the clock anymore) I understood why the sleep drug market is doing so well; I solved the problem of how to bring enlightenment to the entire world (although I remember only half of it this morning); I counted sheep, Scottish livestock, and even numbers; I focused on my breathing; and in between all of these maneuvers I still managed to repeatedly recount every detail of every event that had happened to me in the past 3 days.
Hhhh. Now it is 2:03 AM, and I am up. Everyone else is asleep but Moby and me. We’re in a new bus, another double decker. Moby has a plan to stay up until 6:00, but I am surely going to try to fade away before then. Hhhh. SO, how’s it going? The show tonight in Glasgow (#1 on the official European tour) was hot! Awesome. They loved it. We are playing to slightly bigger crowds on this leg of the tour so tonight was about 3000 I think. So, I love Scotland. Why? ONE of the many reasons, is that it stays sunny until 10PM this time of year, and it starts getting sunny at 3AM. I met a man, I believe he was the promoter for the venue tonight, who was straight out of Braveheart. He had the long ratty hair, the beard, the stature, and the voice of the wholly unabashed passion of Scottishness! Picture a Scottsman in your mind and you will see this man! Ah! I tried to video him speaking on my little camera, but I don’t think it turned out. Ooo. Off we are to Manchester. Should be fun! Can’t wait. This is really amazing. More to come!
Love,
Luci
So, I haven’t really recovered well from the jet lag. It’s been two days and I feel like I have a sleep disorder. As I lay awake last night from 1:24 (I went to sleep just after midnight) till sometime after 4:00 possibly closer to 5:00 (because for a very long period of time I decided I would not look at the clock anymore) I understood why the sleep drug market is doing so well; I solved the problem of how to bring enlightenment to the entire world (although I remember only half of it this morning); I counted sheep, Scottish livestock, and even numbers; I focused on my breathing; and in between all of these maneuvers I still managed to repeatedly recount every detail of every event that had happened to me in the past 3 days.
Hhhh. Now it is 2:03 AM, and I am up. Everyone else is asleep but Moby and me. We’re in a new bus, another double decker. Moby has a plan to stay up until 6:00, but I am surely going to try to fade away before then. Hhhh. SO, how’s it going? The show tonight in Glasgow (#1 on the official European tour) was hot! Awesome. They loved it. We are playing to slightly bigger crowds on this leg of the tour so tonight was about 3000 I think. So, I love Scotland. Why? ONE of the many reasons, is that it stays sunny until 10PM this time of year, and it starts getting sunny at 3AM. I met a man, I believe he was the promoter for the venue tonight, who was straight out of Braveheart. He had the long ratty hair, the beard, the stature, and the voice of the wholly unabashed passion of Scottishness! Picture a Scottsman in your mind and you will see this man! Ah! I tried to video him speaking on my little camera, but I don’t think it turned out. Ooo. Off we are to Manchester. Should be fun! Can’t wait. This is really amazing. More to come!
Love,
Luci
