Sunday, October 02, 2005

Aberdeen

What a lovely country Scotland is, wow. I always love going, even if it is for an exact total of 49 hours. And that is actually longer than we stay in most places. Ahh, the Scots! I love them. So, when we got there, of course none of us had been able to sleep more than 7 minutes on the flight over, I hopped to the city center with one of the crew, where we shopped a little and had a hearty steak pie in a fantastic hidden pub. Check out Dave with his hearty fare?



After our romp we went back to the hotel for a nap. I woke up just in time to make it to the hotel restaurant for dinner, where I met the production manager (Matt) in the lobby who accompanied me. Surprisingly, the seemingly quaint Scottish hotel where we were staying, complete with its radiator heaters combating the wind somehow blowing through the giant wooden windows, had an incredible spacious grotto-style restaurant below it. Large archways and staircases complete with silk palm trees adorned the space. Lovely. A beautiful evening, ending with a pint of Tennants Lager at the bar. Ahhhhhh. It’s great to be back. For readers who don’t know, I spent almost half a year living in Edinburgh, Scotland along with my college roommate Amy Fuller and the guy who is responsible for this website, Dave Akins (love you both!!) (Love you too, Luci. -ed.). We have so many wonderful memories from lovely Scotland that I might bore you to tears if I got started here.

Is it obvious that I have a lot of time to kill right now at Heathrow airport? Only 5 hours between our flight from Aberdeen and my flight to NY. I had the most lovely encounter on the plane from Aberdeen. I sat next to a gentleman who was moving with his family from Aberdeen to Melbourne Australia. In the very moment we met he was making a life move diagonally across the world. He was a very educated man and had the pure insight on life that I so value myself. It was an inspiring hour flight, complete with a diagram of how to live my dream! That’s my kind of conversation!

So October is here, the month off. We will be doing a little recording towards the end of the month, and Moby is having his official birthday party on the 8th, so there are a few things going on work related. But, the exciting thing is that I will be pressing forward with my own music. My music partner Jay awaits me and we are going to put together some beautiful music! I’ll keep you posted, hope you like it! I am excited to move on with my own career! Isn’t life so delicious!

So I’ll continue updating this site during this month so anything exciting or strange will be documented!

Love!!!
Luci

<< Home