Experiência do rolo da rocha
Wow! I have had a real rock and roll experience! I spent the night in a Brazilian hospital! I got the usual, food poisoning, and spent a good 12 hours throwing up before I fainted in the lobby just as we were leaving for the show. A little dramatic, I know. Mauro, our security guard valiantly picked me up and carried me to my room, where immediately, or so it seemed to me at least, there were three men dressed in green taking my blood pressure. They decided I was dehydrated (no doubt!) and sent me in an ambulance to the hospital (my first ambulance ride! - although unfortunately I was a little too out of it to notice the details). Now let me describe this hospital scenario. We were in Belo Horizante, a city somewhere in the middle of Brazil where every single person we had encountered upon disembarking from the plane was absolutely hot - drop dead, open your mouth, fall on your knees gorgeous! So, the hospital was no different. I was a little out of it, as you can imagine but as they pushed me in on a rickety wheelchair I peeked open one eye at a time and blurrily glimpsed gorgeous doctors and nurses bustling around a white open room. It was like the scene from a soap opera or ER! I landed in a bed separated from the rest of the room by light green curtains, and a young attractive doctor who spoke excellent English came in and took care of me. I was most happy to be there because I knew as soon as they got the IV going I’d feel like a new person. I did. It was wonderful!

A Brazilian woman who was working with production had accompanied me there to help with the language (note, Portuguese is very different from Spanish), and I learned about her exciting life as a model. Later on in the night (or morning) I was “rescued” by some fine knights in shining armor (i.e. a couple of crew guys) who came to take me away. I was never left alone, oh people are so nice! So, it was a fun experience. I did feel a little sad when I looked at my watch just after we got to the hospital and realized that the show was beginning without me! Ahh, I hated that! But I was informed that one of the girls from production stood behind the keyboards and mimed! Moby changed the set a little, and it was quite successful. Afterwards of course was the afterparty of the year. Moby had a 20 person hot tub IN his hotel room, and I have already mentioned that the most beautiful people in the world live in Belo Horizante, so of course I was also sad to miss that fun experience. BUT, I feel so much better and it was enlightening to see a beautiful hospital in Brazil, so I didn’t mind!
Now it’s thunderstorming in Argentina. Beautiful, night lightening and thunder. Buenos Aires is a very big city it seems, although I have only seen the 30-minute drive from the hotel to the venue. We have our second to last show tonight for this leg of the tour, last one’s tomorrow! It should be good. They are crazy about Moby here, I know I keep saying this. So, I am fine and well, with an interesting experience under my belt. Life is beautiful isn’t it!
Love you,
Luci

A Brazilian woman who was working with production had accompanied me there to help with the language (note, Portuguese is very different from Spanish), and I learned about her exciting life as a model. Later on in the night (or morning) I was “rescued” by some fine knights in shining armor (i.e. a couple of crew guys) who came to take me away. I was never left alone, oh people are so nice! So, it was a fun experience. I did feel a little sad when I looked at my watch just after we got to the hospital and realized that the show was beginning without me! Ahh, I hated that! But I was informed that one of the girls from production stood behind the keyboards and mimed! Moby changed the set a little, and it was quite successful. Afterwards of course was the afterparty of the year. Moby had a 20 person hot tub IN his hotel room, and I have already mentioned that the most beautiful people in the world live in Belo Horizante, so of course I was also sad to miss that fun experience. BUT, I feel so much better and it was enlightening to see a beautiful hospital in Brazil, so I didn’t mind!
Now it’s thunderstorming in Argentina. Beautiful, night lightening and thunder. Buenos Aires is a very big city it seems, although I have only seen the 30-minute drive from the hotel to the venue. We have our second to last show tonight for this leg of the tour, last one’s tomorrow! It should be good. They are crazy about Moby here, I know I keep saying this. So, I am fine and well, with an interesting experience under my belt. Life is beautiful isn’t it!
Love you,
Luci
