Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Word, A Word

Here I sit in the Vancouver dressing room of the Commodore music club. I just finished a workout of Budokon, an exercise DVD I bought in Kansas City. It requires no weights and is mostly yoga and kicking. Very aggressive the second part, and very invigorating! As I breathe heavily, let me describe the sushi experience we had last night. 8 of us went to the acclaimed sushi restaurant, I can’t remember its name. And the way you order is select from the chef-special menu, your price range. $50, $75, $100, or #100+. The guys raved about the food so much that by ordering time all 8 of us somehow easily agreed to the $100+ menu. WHAT? When the first course, tuna tataki, came out I realized that it was probably a good idea to have chosen the most expensive menu option. HEAVENLY raw fish in my mouth! We had 7 separate courses brought out to us, some cooked, some raw, all small tastes of what was more to come. At the end of the 7th course they took away our plates and said ice cream was next. Some of us were still hungry (me included) and ordered MORE sushi on top of the 100+ special. The spicy tuna roll was without a doubt the best one I have ever tasted. Finally the ice cream came, and then the bill. But I haven’t mentioned the amount of Sake our table consumed throughout the course - or I should say courses of the meal. They brought out sake in giant bamboo bottles inside of giant bamboo chillers non-stop, often two at a time. For 8 people, the bill was only pennies short of $1600. Now, this is in Canadian dollars. But, to this day, that was the most expensive meal I have ever paid for in my lifetime. Ahh, the joys of fine Japanese cuisine!

Tonight is the last show we’re doing without Laura. Finally the “family” will be back together tomorrow. I have to admit I am liking this family more and more. It is so amazing how well we all get along and how fun it is to spend time with everyone. I can bet most tours aren’t as well-meshed, friend-wise, as this one. Lucky us!

So, I have always been eager to contribute to the evolution of life, like to the evolution of music, and the evolution of psychology, and even the evolution of humanity. I have read a new book that really shakes up our old traditional perspectives by forcing us to see beyond the things we have always been told. The title is, Tomorrow’s God, by Neale Walsch, and it basically brings to surface how we are so caught up in the details of religion that we can barely see the truth of spirituality anymore. I am quite excited that another person has had many of the exact same thoughts as I have written about in my diaries over the years, so I’d love to discuss this book with anyone who chooses to read it!

Enough! I think I’ll go catch Buck 65’s show tonight!

Love!
Luci

<< Home