Hello from Portland!
We flew here today from Boulder, CO where they were having a healthy snowstorm. About a foot and a half fell just before and while we were there. That would have normally totally appealed to me, but I packed a weekend bag in Vegas, basing the weather on the temperature there (which was about 80), so I was more than slightly underdressed.


Friday night I used one of my shirts as a scarf. Saturday I bought a stocking hat at the army navy surplus store. Hmmm. The mountains were beautiful. I am including a few pictures of our travels since we’ve reached the west.

Laura is still sick (has been since Detroit excluding the Chicago show), and so I am doing a bit more singing! I’m actually starting to feel good about doing it, and I feel like I am getting better every night, even despite my throat feeling tired. We had a blast in Vegas (which was right after Salt Lake City). But honestly, I cannot really get into the Vegas lifestyle. It seems so fake, so unnatural, so moneymoneymoney. You know? And I’m certainly not a gambler. But our rooms at the Hard Rock were fantastic! Giant flat screen TVs. Wow! And a little balcony. That’s where I took the Las Vegas night shot. I admit an impressive skyline.

Then to Boulder, as you know was cold. But beautiful. There my throat was actually really hurting, and I had a drink that Moby and Daron recommended called “Mr. Clean” which was fresh squeezed ginger, garlic, carrot, celery, juices and cayenne pepper. You wonder how I was able to swallow it? Barely, but I will tell you that afterwards my throat felt much better and I think that was my strongest performance yet. WoW! There IS something to this fresh juice craze, although it’s not necessarily the taste...
Ok! Wish us luck in Portland. Tonight we drive to Vancouver, and tomorrow lots of us are going out for sushi at a restaurant that people I met in NY told me about long ago. I’m excited! I’ll come back with a full report!

Love!
Luci
Minneapolis...

Moby signs a prosthetic leg(!)


Friday night I used one of my shirts as a scarf. Saturday I bought a stocking hat at the army navy surplus store. Hmmm. The mountains were beautiful. I am including a few pictures of our travels since we’ve reached the west.

Laura is still sick (has been since Detroit excluding the Chicago show), and so I am doing a bit more singing! I’m actually starting to feel good about doing it, and I feel like I am getting better every night, even despite my throat feeling tired. We had a blast in Vegas (which was right after Salt Lake City). But honestly, I cannot really get into the Vegas lifestyle. It seems so fake, so unnatural, so moneymoneymoney. You know? And I’m certainly not a gambler. But our rooms at the Hard Rock were fantastic! Giant flat screen TVs. Wow! And a little balcony. That’s where I took the Las Vegas night shot. I admit an impressive skyline.

Then to Boulder, as you know was cold. But beautiful. There my throat was actually really hurting, and I had a drink that Moby and Daron recommended called “Mr. Clean” which was fresh squeezed ginger, garlic, carrot, celery, juices and cayenne pepper. You wonder how I was able to swallow it? Barely, but I will tell you that afterwards my throat felt much better and I think that was my strongest performance yet. WoW! There IS something to this fresh juice craze, although it’s not necessarily the taste...
Ok! Wish us luck in Portland. Tonight we drive to Vancouver, and tomorrow lots of us are going out for sushi at a restaurant that people I met in NY told me about long ago. I’m excited! I’ll come back with a full report!

Love!
Luci
Minneapolis...

Moby signs a prosthetic leg(!)
