Happy Halloween!
So we went to a great Halloween party last night! I wasn't in the Halloween mood this year (- I just haven't had time to think about it) but came up with a costume idea when I was at Erin's on Thursday night. I was thinking of easy costumes, something 80s, like Punky Brewster or Cyndi Lauper just because "80s" is in now and I probably wouldn't have to buy anything. Well, that led me to think about tv shows I watched when I was little and I remembered the Muppets!!! I absolutely LOVED that show, and one female character was always very funny to me, and she was a musician. I didn't even know her name, but found her on the Internet and learned she was Janice, a member of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem band. Yeah, perfect! Check out Janice here!!! 
I picked up the yarn for hair and ribbon for shoes yesterday morning on the way to TSO rehearsal, and made the costume in 2 hours before the party last night (including printing out the above picture and ironing it on my shirt so people would know who I was). I think things went ok - except I couldn't keep my lips as red as hers (wrong kind of lipstick!). The amazing thing was, everyone at the party knew Exactly who I was! They even knew her name! Wow, real Muppets fans, I loved it!! Check out these pictures of our fun night!
Janice and Puss in Boots (Puss is Erin, my bandmate!)

Other Jim Henson costumes (how awesome!)

Closeup: Puss in Boots and Clownie

The Hostess of the party (and she really is pregnant - her shirt says #1 mom)

More to come.
Love!
Luci

I picked up the yarn for hair and ribbon for shoes yesterday morning on the way to TSO rehearsal, and made the costume in 2 hours before the party last night (including printing out the above picture and ironing it on my shirt so people would know who I was). I think things went ok - except I couldn't keep my lips as red as hers (wrong kind of lipstick!). The amazing thing was, everyone at the party knew Exactly who I was! They even knew her name! Wow, real Muppets fans, I loved it!! Check out these pictures of our fun night!
Janice and Puss in Boots (Puss is Erin, my bandmate!)

Other Jim Henson costumes (how awesome!)

Closeup: Puss in Boots and Clownie

The Hostess of the party (and she really is pregnant - her shirt says #1 mom)

More to come.
Love!
Luci
