Thursday, July 06, 2006

Morning!

Hi! First of all I would like to thank all of my amazing friends for visiting this site and posting comments! It is so fun for me to read them! And to my new friends (i.e. those who I haven't actually met in person) awesome! I don't know how you found this site, but keep your comments coming, I love them! Thank y'all!

Good morning. I have been up for more than an hour already. You'd think I was a morning person this morning. I did a quick workout of Budokon and situps. Situps are the new exercises I do for my voice training (because until now I have successfully managed to complete no more than 4 situps in my entire lifetime), oh yes! Did I mention I am taking voice lessons? From an absolutely amazing hard core rocker percussionist female who treats each lesson like a boot camp physical training course!!! Need I say more?

Speaking of Rock and Roll! A friend of mine from the Moby tour, drum-tech EXTRAORDINAIRE Randy Brown, passed through NY recently on The New Cars/Blondie tour! Awesome! I saw both shows. The first night I was fortunate enough to stand right off stage at the monitor desk WITH a live feed into headphones so I could hear everything. AMAZING! The New Cars are made up of Elliot Easton and Greg Hawkes of the original Cars, Kasim Sultan, Prairie Prince, and Todd Rundgren who was doing the lead vocals. Wow! What a bunch of absolutely stellar musicians! I got so excited watching them up close like that! Plus I fell in love with the 80s master keyboardist Greg!

My view from the monitor desk (Kasim, Todd, and Elliot)


Prairie on drums and Greg on Keys


The whole gang during 'Bang The Drum' (they're all playing ukuleles!)


Before the show at Jones Beach. Randy and I climbed to the top to have a look at the view - breathtaking!


Unfortunately the pictures I have of Blondie are very very blurry and not worth posting. But I will just say this: Deborah Harry was in a chartreuse suit that came off layer by layer!
Also unfortunate is that Elliot broke his collar bone when the bus stopped quickly to avoid an accident, so the tour has been postponed until sometime later this year - maybe September. I was so fortunate to see the last two shows!

I will be back to post more action soon!
Love!
Luci

<< Home