Sunday, August 06, 2006

An Update on Life!


(South Street Seaport)

So, I thought I'd make a quick post on my life and status. Things are beautiful! For the first time ever I am successfully surviving on a lifestyle that very much suits me. I work 3 days a week doing music therapy where sometimes I am in the Bronx at the hospital, sometimes I am in our sister facilities in Westchester and Brooklyn, and sometimes I am in patients homes. I work the rest of the time on my career as a musician. Isn't that exciting! I have been auditioning for a few supplemental gigs and am now playing piano with a burlesque show which is absolutely hysterical, and I think I have made it into the back-up band for the Trans Siberian Orchestra, which is an amazing Christmas rock show packed with brilliance and genius musicians. I have also been spending some time learning other styles of music, the latest being the blues. But mostly I have been writing music with my friend, Erin. Do you know the sheer pleasure of creating something that you love? It is better than anything, and finally I have my life organized so I can make my own schedule and really focus on the creativity. I LOVE IT! I hope everyone realizes the secret that I have realized this past year: that you create your own reality. And if you hold in your mind exactly what you want, and KNOW you will get there, then you will be surprised with the results (however, it's the knowing part that is tricky and difficult for us to do). It is so true the phrase, "be careful what you wish for", because it most likely will happen!

Ok, so I am very happy! And August is my favorite month! Not only because it's my birthday month, but because I trained myself every year of my life as a child to appreciate it the most. Each summer in August I would spend so much time thinking about how much I loved the month, trying to take conscious notice of the days and the heat and the sun, so it would last as long as it possibly could, because I knew at the end of the month grueling school would start, and it would be back to the ultimate freedom-less grind. I liked school, yes, the things I learned, the extra-curricular activities, my friends, but I absolutely hated HATED the schedule and that it was the same exact thing day after day for month after month, year after year, uuuuuuuh. College was MUCH better, because I could control my schedule! So the summary of this is, I am NOT a day-job kind of person, I love spontaneity and schedule flexibility! It seems to me you can make more of each moment that way. When it all becomes routine, life slips faster out of your hands.....

OK! I will leave you with another picture from the South Street Seaport Friday night. Love, Luci

<< Home