Sunday, September 03, 2006

Vacations, Arrrgghhs, and Vegas

Helloooo!
I just had a whirlwind of a vacation - birthdays, high school reunions, and a little bit of work smashed into a fast two weeks! Get ready for Pictures!

VACATIONS
I had the luxury of going to Savannah and St. Augustine during my favorite month of the year (the hottest one) to do a little boating and beaching. Ahhh, so relaxing. A few pics of the beauty of my local.

The boat, from the top of my favorite dune at Ossabaw. No one was there that day, our own private Island.


The interior of the island. Mystical Trees.


It was GREAT to see my friends from high school! Some of them I hadn't seen in 10 full years - since graduation DAY! Wow. Unfortunately not a lot of girls showed up. Here we are:
Me, Ashby Kent, Julia Holiday, Middi Hagan Moore, Lindsey Nash Hardy, Catherine Donavan


Us with the guys - obviously we're outnumbered!


ARRRGGHHHS
Let's just say you're never too old to have a themed birthday party, and mine was PIRATES Arrrghh. There were a few rules at this party. 1) Dress as a pirate. 2) Adorn yourself with as many mustaches, tatoos, and other pirate accessories as possible when you arrive. 3) Say Arghh every time you hear the word pirate (Arghh), and every time a picture is being snapped. In some of the pictures below you can see that an Arghh is being said or has just been said, congratulations to people following the rules! Only 2 of my friends still live in Savannah, so this party was more of a family affair, but I have to say the costumes were great and the food was greater!!!! Arghhhh! Check these shots out!

The Pirate Parents. Aarghhh!


Aarghhh with the first chef, Swashbuckler Nicholas


Some scraggly stowaways... My precious cousins Buck, Joanna, and Vivi


Some Pirate Wenches... Auntie Lynne


Although she may protest in a big way, I LOVE this picture of:
The Pirate mother!


VEGAS
So Moby had a one shot show out in Las Vegas on Monday the 28th. We stayed at the Venetian, what a freaking CRAZY hotel! And soon to be the hotel with the most rooms in the world! Over 5000!!!!! Check out these pictures of the Venetian views.

The outside at night



The inside of the Venetian looks like you're walking through the streets of Venice during the late afternoon. AMAZING!!!!


It was great to see the old gang again, play Moby's awesome music, catch up on the rock and roll lives of all the folks! Here are some pics from the night of the performance. Ahhh, reliving the good ole days for a single night... It was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

The ole gang: Moby, JP, Randy, Daron, Laura, Steve, Luci and Scott


The stage


Moby DOIN' IT


Luci in Vegas Glam


All in all a GRRRREAT two weeks. Now I am back in NYC and about to buckle down on some over-the-top rock and roll Christmas music for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Joy to the World like you have never heard before! Seriously, I have a LOT of work to do before October (perhaps the most I have had since my days of being a somewhat scholarly college student), but it's pretty exciting if you ask me, so here I go!

Love and some energy from the the first cool air of fall,
Luci

<< Home