Sunday, November 06, 2005

Berlin

Hello!!

We made it to Berlin. And when we got here we were informed that we had two days off to start! Something about the venue moving. What?!?!? So yesterday I recovered by watching two movies and eating and sleeping. Today I went to the musikinstrument museum. Lovely, but less than thrilling. Lots of old pianos and guitars and violins. Not a single word in the entire museum was in English but 'please do not touch the instruments'. Great. My mind was enlightened anyway by just looking at the instruments. Actually, now that I think about it, it was a really frustrating experience. All these delicious pianos and harpsichords and clavinets and organs and not a sound to be heard. My fingers were burning to play SOMETHING, and when I was sure I was in the portion of the museum that was hands-on, as soon as I reached out my hand an angry beard barked German at me. I left soon afterwards, a bit more than frustrated. I would do things differntly if I had such a museum. Ohhh, I am worrying how I will be able to sleep tonight because I slept a solid 14 hours last night with real difficulty waking up at 2:00. Ahh, such is the jetlagged life.

Ok, I can't wait to report something exciting!

Love you all!
Luci

<< Home