Thursday, September 01, 2005

Here We Go Again!

Ok, we’re in Cancun. This is a place that deserves some detailed description. The trip yesterday was more than miserable since we had to skip lunch because American Airlines only serves a snack (even on our international flight), the wind and clouds made for a borderline “gurge” landing, and we were detained 3 hours in the Mexican immigration office because some ego-laden man decided we needed another paper that, according to our professionals, is never necessary in Mexico. The fact is that I think the entire staff of the airport immigration office wanted pictures, drawings, and autographs from Moby, and while Moby was appeasing, Egoman realized he wanted something to do with his afternoon and came up with anything he could think of to entertain himself.

After a short van ride we arrived at Le Blanc Resort and Spa. Walking into the pristine white marble lobby we were all blinded by the illuminated turquoise water lapping just outside the pool at the end of the hallway. After being banded by a lovely Mexican woman, she put a plastic bracelet on our wrists explaining that anything we wanted, drink, food, alcoholic beverages, minibar, room service, was already included, we staggered into the elevators with our mouths open and our eyebrows raised. A jovial Mexican man greeted us, telling us his name was Jay Leno, and he happened to be standing by a cart of dessert creations, I assumed on its way to one of the restaurants, and insisted that I taste a plate. It was caramelized sugar making a tower with a yellow rose made out of sugar and two chocolate covered grapes resting on little cups of moose. The room was a soft white whiteness, the bathroom and closet first, then the bed, then a step down to the two-person Jacuzzi and the sliding glass doors that open out to the balcony. The view was of a lake sized swimming pool, tiki bars, another pool on a level above the lake, another pool on a level below the lake, lounge chairs, and THE BEACH! The entire Gulf of Mexico is lapping at my window right now. Just remembering this view will surely sooth me for years to come!

Naturally I could barely stay in the room long enough to fully put on my bathing suit. I went straight to the Gulf grabbing one of the crew guys in the hall on my way and swam! Oh the temperature, oh the cleansing salty water, oh the ice cream sand! I love the gulf! Then to the lake-pool. Here’s a breathtaking moment! When you’re looking at the pool from outside of it, it looks delicious, you know. But once you actually get in the water the pool is constructed in such a way that it looks like the water of the pool leads straight into the gulf. There are no edges to the pools so water is actually the edge, and standing in the water if you look out to the sea it looks like the edge of the pool is the edge of a the world, and then the sea. Ohhhhhh. Just after I jumped in and was pondering the lovely design of the pool, I realized that this was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The water in the pool, the water in the gulf, the beautiful blue sky, large and spaced fluffy white clouds, and there was a rainbow above us! It was such a bright rainbow that it honestly looked like someone had painted the scene. I couldn’t believe it! A few more of the guys came to the pool by that point and swam beneath the rainbow with me. Ohh it was perfect, ohh it was delicious, ohhh life!

First show is tonight! Wish us luck!

Love!
Luci







<< Home