Monday, April 11, 2005

The Tour Begins

So, we had our first pre-show in Boston, and our official first show of the tour is tonight in less than 2 hours! Norfolk, VA. Quite a beautiful place, with this weather they have been having! Yesterday, the day after our first night on the bus where I didn’t sleep more than 30 minutes (even WITH the help of Benedryl), I felt an exhilaration for the sunny day and spent most of it outside. We are staying in a Sheraton on the Elizabeth River, with a wonderful walkway which I explored. I mean, it was one of those days that was so beautiful, so full of color and delight that it almost hurts your insides because you feel that your small human body is not capable of receiving all the immense beauty before you. You know! Ahh and then I went to the art museum and was moved by a glass sphere created by David Simpson. And some paintings of children by John Sargeant. Wow! I think I would like to paint. So, today I went to the ice cream place that has the world’s oldest cone-maker machine. Thrilling, and the most expensive thing on the menu was $2.80. And that’s including the burger meals! Ahh, I love the south! Tomorrow I am most excited to say we’ll be in Atlanta, and I cannot WAIT to see everyone I have missed for many months.

I will update the actual musical portions of the tour very soon, after we have done a few shows and I have some fun things to write about! See lots of you tomorrow night! I can’t wait!

Love!
Luci

<< Home