Sunday, February 04, 2007

Happy Super Bowl


Hello! This is a picture of my beautiful cats on Christmas morning. Matsa and Lila. Lila, the black and white one, passed away just over a week ago after living 19 happy years as an outdoor cat in the Butler household. I am going to miss my beautiful Lila girl, but I know she is happy and has surely found her brother, Coconut (our most perfect maltese dog). I love you Lila!

A lot of people have been interested to know how it went with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Amazing! I met beautiful musicians and had the chance to play some totally invigorating music. We went to see the show in December, and here are some pictures of this outrageously large production. Oh, and I did not ever actually go out on the tour. All 4 keyboard players managed to stay healthy and avoid any large emergencies, WHEW!











So in the spirit of the Super Bowl this week I remembered one of my very favorite Super Bowl commercials. After just a little bit of research I managed to find it on the internet. I am going to enclose the address here for you to copy and paste in your address bar so you can watch it. Please tell me if it makes you laugh as hard as it makes me laugh. I sat here at this computer laughing to tears when I watched it again this week for the first time since it came out in 2003. I was a little concerned for myself. I mean, other people probably don't find this as funny as I do. I have asked many people if they remembered this commercial at all, and no one does. So I'm really interested to see if there are other people out there who think this is as funny as I do. If it makes you laugh will you please put a comment at the end of this post? Because that will make me so happy - to know that maybe I'm not totally crazy, and that there ARE other people out there who can laugh hard at something so silly! Here it is:

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2459141/collection/18377/minisite/superbowl

So Happy Super Bowl. Is that correct? Can you wish someone a Happy Super Bowl? Well, I'm sure it is on right now since I have been hearing periodic yells from outside. Yeah, I'm not watching this year (working like crazy). But a friend's going to text me when the half-time show is... AHH! MY PHONE JUST BLEEPED! The text. What Timing!! Let me run turn on the tv.....

.................................................................

Poor pretty purple Prince! Positively soaked! What a big production for so many people and so much equipment to be out there for 5 minutes and get utterly submerged in water. I kind of couldn't help laughing because I know how miserable that is. But on TV it was beautiful! It sounded good, and it looked great, especially from the blimp shots of the whole stadium while the fire was going off. His voice was strong and it even appeared he was actually playing his guitar. The marching band was a good effect, and the neon lights on their suits almost worked. Did he cover a foo fighters song? Weird choice, but it went over pretty good! Loved Proud Mary.
Ok, I admit I was a little inspired - because it's beautiful when so many people come together like that, all the football fans in America singing Purple Rain in unison under wind, rain, and fire. It's such a rare experience, and it makes me think of how much better it is - all the exciting and great things that can happen - when people come together rather than go against each other. I love experiences like that. Thank you Prince for providing a little inspiration tonight.
Now I must get back to work.

See y'all later!!
Love,
Luci

<< Home