Saturday, March 12, 2005

Hi. I slept until noon. Wonderful. I am staying at the Ritz Carlton, which officially marks the finest hotel I have ever stayed in in my life. The most amazing thing is that the giant marble bathroom floor is heated from underneath, so if I walk barefoot in the bathroom its pleasantly warm under my feet! WOW. I actually considered sleeping on the bathroom floor because it felt so good. I knew that that was what cats must like about sleeping on the hood of recently parked cars. Ahhhhh. But then I saw the bed. This bed has a feather comforter, feather pillows, and a feather mattress cover, so I feel like I am floating on a cloud (since I am writing this from under the covers right this minute!) Ohhh! We are staying in Wolfsburg Germany, on the grounds of the Volkswagon plant. With our room key they gave us a ticket to the entrance to the Volkswagon experience. I dont know if I'll make it there today because we leave at 4:45 and Moby has scheduled an acoustic rehearsal for us at 3:00, AND from the looks of my swimming pool sized bathtub, I think I will opt for spending my free time in it! The German Dance Music Awards was so much fun! There were hundreds of people (maybe over 1000, yes, probably well over 1000) and we played 3 songs. My bass debut went over well! I followed the instructions that the members of the band gave me:

1. spread your legs,
2. hold the bass low, and
3. look aloof and intensely cool.

Hmmmm. Moby says I might actually play bass for a few songs in the concert. I said that'd be fine, if he'll teach me how to play it! But the energy from the crowd and Moby made me see how amazingly fun the actual concerts are going to be! I can't wait!!!! This is turning out to be very very fun and getting better every single day!

Love you all!
Luci

Oh, our plans for until I come home:
Sunday (3-13) Milan launch show (basically a full concert)
Monday Glasgow launch show
Tuesday London launch show
Wednesday Paris launch show
Thursday Berlin launch show
Friday Berlin music video shoot for the song Raining Again
Saturday NYC baby!!

<< Home