Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The First Update!

Hello!

Well, so I am on Moby's promotional tour. Wow. This is a pretty perfect life. I guess I will try to describe how things are going so far. We have the most beautiful hotel rooms you can imagine. Ahhh! I am getting very spoiled for future traveling I'm afraid! So, we have been doing TV shows. Today we did Top of the Pops! Huge studio with tons of lights and people and wow! Most of these shows we are playing live, but on occasion (like today) we will use the backing track, basically so the song sounds just exactly like what people will hear on the radio. I just found out today that the UK record label will make sure to give us DVDs of the productions we're in so hopefully I'll come home with some entertaining items!

So basically a day goes like this: we wake up around 9:00 or 10:00 (today it was 12:00 because I stayed out a little late last night), get dressed, pack our performance clothes, and go to a tv studio. We will do a sound check when we get in, and/or a rehearsal with the cameras and lights Then we eat lots of food they cater for us, and by the evening we go on for the real shoot. If the show is live, we might have to stay on for the whole taping (like yesterday it was ETERNAL waiting for them to get their lines right; Brigitte Neilson, the guest host, was a disaster!!!). Then we shoot the song (Lift Me Up), then we change and go home. I mean, the only thing I have to actually think about is being in the lobby on time and how my music mix sounds in my headset. Not too bad.

Moby has decided he wants me to be the silent mysterious keyboardist, so I'm not singing back-up for the TV shows. I'm looking serious and silent. ??? No idea! I love the people we're traveling with. They are great. Last night on the way home in the taxi we were singing 4 part harmonies to various chords and Christmas carols!!! After the shoots, usually the band goes to dinner with Moby, some exotic vegetarian spot, and then we'll go back to the hotel or go out for a little. More than often we have been going to bed because we are all so tired and getting over this jetlag!

I went to the grocery store, TESCO last night, got my first set of British Pounds. $2=1Pound! Horrible. We are completely poor over here. We get $30 a day for food and etc. (called our "per diem") and that turns into 15 Pounds. Poor! But who cares! I love it here! I woke up this morning to pouring rain and looked out of my large window to the back gardens of the neighbors behind out hotel and fixed myself a cup of hot tea. I had bought hot cross buns at the grocery store just because they were in the aisle by the checkout and they looked so British! Ha! They were horrible and I think I will end up throwing all 4 of them away. But, I also got some snacks for the room so I won't have to order room service again (what I did the first night because I was so tired I couldn't move). Honestly, I love traveling.

Sadly, we didn't get to see much (but our very exquisite hotel) in Barcelona. What a beautiful city! The buildings are all just completely spectacular. I think I would like to go back and get more familiar with the neighborhoods. And Spanish food is SO MUCH BETTER than English food. Ohhh! We're still on the quest for a delicious English meal. (Not the best food so far, but good enough for me!) Tomorrow we go to another day of shooting. We will get to play 4 songs tomorrow, instead of just one, so that will be fun. And then I think we'll be off for about 3 days! Ahhhh!

Moby will be traveling around, but I think the band will get to break (well, we'lll be rehearsing 2 days I think) before we go to Paris later next week. I can't WAIT to see the hotel we'll have there!

It is much more difficult than I thought to email, because everywhere we go it is so expensive t tap into wireless internet. SO, if you don't hear from me for a while please understand it's harder than I thought to email from over here! All in all, I think this is an amazing experience, and we are treated so well, and I am so happy with the people we're traveling with, and I am learning so much every minute!



Love!


Luci

<< Home