So tonight were performing at the dance music awards in Germany. I am sitting in this bigger-than-I've-ever-seen before warehouse-type structure in what they have labeled our dressing room, but which is actually canvas flats put up to make little squares within this mammoth place. There is no ceiling, so you cannot even imagine the noise that is reverberating through my back and body from the swirl of blurry mess sounds in the air. Interesting. I cannot imagine why they would choose a place like this for loud music to be performed uh, played loudly. We are not playing live, so were just pretending to play our instruments on this one. Its for TV. I am actually going to (pretend to) play the bass for Body Rock, haaaaa! We just left to go eat dinner before we had to go on at 11:00 PM, and there is some kind of technology convention going on in the small city of Hannover, so we literally sat still in traffic for one hour. It was the most horrific thing I have ever seen. Naturally I became carsick, because once the driver, Trobon, finally got even an inch in front of him he would slam on the gas; then the car in front of him would slam on the brakes and so would we. I would say this went on for just over an hour and a half. When we finally got to the restaurant I didnt want to eat anyway, but you can guess that I quickly got over than and had 3 courses! A salad, soup, and a veal dish made out of some kind of tofu (fake veal). Why do they call it veal? No idea. Vegetarian restaurants are educating me. Luckily getting back to the show was much easer. Wish me luck on my bass debut! Have to get dressed!
